Policy suggestion for the future
- Provide schools with guidance and advice on implementing a mobile strategy suitable for them. Perhaps use HMIs/affiliates to help schools with their decisions.
- Be an advisory service for schools.
- Celebration of good practice in schools as seen by OFSTED and other bodies that go into schools. Using the DFE home site as a central resource for good practice and examples of use of different mobile technologies, reasons for success etc.
- Help with teacher training and appreciation that this technology is one where pupils know more than the teachers.
A policy in this area that worked in the past
- Sharing good practice that the DFE come across in the schools.
What caused you to suggest this policy?
- Concerns about wasted expense on a wonderful technology. This is the most important development in technology for a few decades and the opportunity cannot be missed.