- Encourage experimentation with alternative pedagogic approaches that focus on developing skills in independent learning and peer-collaboration, alongside teaching curriculum content.
- Understand time zones: “Develop initiatives for teaching young people skills of global collaboration such as remote working and managing time zones.” Oliver Quinlan.
- Use technologies such as Skype, Google Hangouts on Air to help students (and teachers) understand cultural norms and practices, or to connect with businesses and organisations around the world.
- Recognise the value of OER and Open content, for example, Wikipedia, Internet Archive, Flickr Commons, and incorporate them within learning designs and pedagogical frameworks.
- Include automatic translation tools wherever appropriate for text, audio, web page translation, video captions and embed them into teaching and learning activities including languages.